8.04.2006

Mixed-Orientation Marriage


I came across an article today in The Salt Lake Tribune, my old stomping grounds, that shocked me. When you've spent some time in Utah, you become somewhat accustomed to seeing and hearing about things that are a little unorthodox, but that didn't prepare me for this.

Openly gay LDS (Mormon) men are getting married to straight LDS women in the LDS temple and having families and children together. There is no "how could I not have seen this" moment in the marriage where the husband says to the wife, "I guess it's about time I told you something..." No coming out of the closet after the nuptuals have been taken. Just full and total disclosure before the fact. Women marrying gay men knowing they are gay.

I can't seem to wrap my mind around this new idea of matrimony.

Check it out here.

No comments: